Thursday, April 30, 2015

Take a sneak peek at Knott's Voyage to the Iron Reef dark ride

The first thing that strikes me about the new Voyage to the Iron Reef dark ride at Knott’s Berry Farm is the long flight of stairs I have to ascend to embark on my underwater journey.

But once inside, it doesn't take me long to forget my lofty second-story surroundings and be swept away on a submarine battle brimming with aqua-mechanical creatures determined to destroy the Buena Park theme park.

During a recent sneak peek, I was joined by Knott’s creative director Lara Hanneman for a behind-the-scenes preview of the new shoot-em-up dark ride located in an old attraction space above a video game arcade.

Set to debut May 15, the steampunk-inspired Voyage to the Iron Reef occupies a location once home to two beloved dark rides: Knott's Bear-y Tales and Kingdom of the Dinosaurs.

Spoiler alert: What follows is a detailed description of the ride vehicles, entry queue and first two scenes of Voyage to the Iron Reef. Consider yourself forewarned.


Read the rest at the LATimes

Knott's News: I really hope everyone kept their expectations in check so that they aren't too disappointed when they see what this actually is. As for the queue, Googie-themed?

No comments:

Post a Comment